martes, 7 de julio de 2009

Un día menos (7 y último)


What I did was, 'cause I was a praying woman, I prayed on it. I prayed to the blues spirits. I did. I sat outside. It was a full moon and I prayed to all the spirits and  asked them to show me what I needed to know.... And I asked to be an open channel for them come through me and it did really happen. And not only  -it wasn't just Ma Rainey or Bessie Smith, it was Howling Wolf, it was Muddy Waters, it was Lightnin' Hopkins, it was Alberta Hunter. All of 'em,  and they still come to me. You know who has been hanging with me real thoug now? Howling Wolf. He's been hanging with me real tough and I can just - it's the feeling. All I can say is it's just a gut feeling

Katherine Davis

Lo que hice, porque era una mujer creyente, fue implorar. Imploré a los espíritus del blues. Lo hice. Salí. Era luna llena e imploré a todos los espíritus y les pedí que me mostraran todo lo que necesitaba saber ...  quería ser un canal abierto para que su música pasara por mí, y funcionó. Y no solo -no fue solo Ma Rainey o Bessie Smith, fue Howling Wolf, Muddy Waters, fue Lightnin' Hopkins, fue Alberta Hunter. Todos ellos, y siguen conmigo. Sabes quién me ha acompagnado ultimamente? Howling Wolf. Hemos estado muy enganchados, y yo sólo - es un sentimiento. Todo lo que puedo decir es que es sólo un buen sentimiento.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario